Ready to communicate with user
To take full advantage of this site, please turn it on and then refresh the page.
High-Content Imager with
Plate Robot and Pipet Fluidics
- Molecular Devices ImageXpress Micro XLS Widefield high-Content Analysis System
- MetaXpress high-content analysis software (multiple licenses)
- Includes microtiter plate robot (54 plates) and pipet fluidics accessories
The Molecular Devices ImageXpress Micro is a high-speed imaging solution for fluorescence studies of cells, typically in a microtiter plate format. The imaging is uniform (<5% CV across a plate) with high-reliability and ease-of-use. A laser-autofocus allows reliable imaging of transwell inserts, as well as various thickness microtiter plates. The dynamic range is exceptional (3-log range).
Our installation has almost all the accessories offered by Molecular Devices. Full environmental control allows imaging living cells, as well as fixed. An automated single-channel pipettor (fluidics option) can use two microtiter plates (96- or 384-well) as the source for compound addition or media exchange. For analysis, we have over a dozen modules to analyze plate experiments, including live/dead cell counting, neurite outgrowth, subcellular translocation and mitotic index.
Be prepared for a lot of data. It takes only 30 min to generate >6000 images (4Mpix each, 16-bit resolution) from a 384-well plate (4-positions each well, 4-colors each position). A single 96-well plate takes ~10 min (including plate robot time, 4-positions each well).
- Lumencor SOLA solid-state fluorescence light source
- High-resolution scientific CMOS (sCMOS) camera for fast imaging
- Full environmental control (heating, cooling, CO2, humidity). Allow 2h to equilibrate when changing temperature.
- Objectives: 4x/0.2 PlanApo (20mm wd), 10x/0.3 PlanFluor, 20x/0.45 PlanFluor, 40x/0.95 PlanApo (0.16-0.25mm wd, corr coll), 60x/0.95 PlanApo (0.11-0.21mm wd), 100x/0.85 PlanEpi (0-0.7mm wd, corr coll)
- Filter sets (Semrock): DAPI, CFP, GFP, YFP, Rhodamine/TRITC, Texas Red, Cy3, Cy5, Colorimetric (Red/Green/Blue)
- Analysis Modules: Angiogenesis, Cell-cycle, Cell Health, Cell Proliferation, Count Nuclei, Granulariy, Live/Dead, Mitotic Index, Monopole Detection, Multiwavelength Cell-scoring, Neurite Outgrowth, Micronuclei, Transfluor, Translocation, Multi-wavelength Translocation (subcellular)
- Digital confocal option available in software
- High-speed, high-resolution imaging (>6000 images in 30 min, 384-well plate, 4 positions/well, 4 colors)
- Fast large-area imaging (slide-mounted tissue slices)
- Drug/agonist screening